10/28/2007 06:03:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 6 Comments

I'm off! Well, at around 3.30 am I will be. I am both very excited (sitting here with a silly grin on my face) and absolutely terrified.

I had to phone round all the various 'booked assistance' points yesterday and today to make sure everything was properly booked, apart from anything else I check in at 5am so it's not like I can phone a few hours before I leave. The airline were really polite and helpful, assuring me the wheelchair assistance is booked at both airports, but the part which really concerns me, the one where I was supposed to be met with a wheelchair at just after 4am at the official car park hasn't been booked. When I spoke to the guy I thought it seemed incredibly quick to to sort everything out, and now I know why..he didn't bother even trying to book any assistance, just told me he was. The girl I spoke to today from the car park bookings insisted they don't/won't arrange assistance and put me through to the concierges who told me they were very busy at that time of night (really?) and so couldn't possibly book any assistance, but if I phone when I get there, 'they'll see what they can do' Right now that isn't sounding much fun to me, and I know it'll be far worse when I'm on my own in the carpark in the middle of the night.

So, worries about getting stuck in a car park in the middle of the night aside, I'm off to try and get some sleep, tomorrow's going to be an amazing day, but a long and very tiring one. Back at the weekend!

6 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

Thinking of you and hoping you have a splendicious time x

Complex Girl said...

Oh good luck BG! Especially with Big, and the 4am collection. In that order of course :-)

Casdok said...

Hope it all goes well for you!
Will miss you! x

Vi said...

Have a FAB time and I can't wait to here all about it!

Hope you have an excellent time.
cheers kim.

Thank you all, I'm back, well obviously, I've just been either too knackered, or too busy for blogging, though I have been reading all your blogs!

I missed you all, and blogging, 3 days in an apartment with no internet access or phone while Big was out at work for 12 hour days nearly drove me dotty! Very glad to be back home in blogland!
Kim, hello and welcome :)